Saturday, February 03, 2018

Epson Document Capture Pro Crash Recovery

Today I was scanning about a thousand pages of documents with Document Capture Pro and my Epson DS-510. I had already scanned several hundred pages without issue and was on the last batch of 200 so as I hit save I decoded to let me wife start shredding what I had scanned...and sure enough about half way through saving it crashed....nooooooo!

I looked in the target folder and there was no trace of file...I was hoping that it would have written out half the file but no luck. My last hope was that there was a temporary file with some of the document somewhere.  So I fired up process monitor and tried saving a sample scan and saw it was writing to AppData\Local\Temp.  So I start looking around and low and behold there's a EpsonScanIO folder with all the lost images!

phew!

Hope this tip saves people some time!

No comments: